Texas Elder Law Attorney – Richard M. Barron
Richard M. Barron, a Texas Elder Law Attorney, represents older persons, disabled persons, their families, caregivers, and those with special needs. We provide medicaid/estate planning, crisis medicaid planning, life care planning, nursing home admissions, and strategies on how you can keep more of your lifetime savings, the family home, farm, and business.
- Medicaid and Division of Assets
- Nursing Home and Assisted Living
- Veterans Benefits
- Hospice Care
- Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other Degenerative Illnesses
We assist in preparing and filing Medicaid applications, division of assets, expanding resource allocations, VA benefits, help with bill paying, care management, and housing alternatives. A great deal of our time involves helping individuals or couples qualify for Medicaid and preserve assets from Medicaid spend down and recovery. Property ownership, special transfer allowances, application for hardship review, Miller trusts and family-beneficial use of spend down monies are areas where our services can protect family members and healthy spouses from undue hardship. Elder lawyers, through advice and guidance, can often accelerate the Medicaid approval process saving the family a great deal of money. This often more than compensates for the investment made. In addition to Medicaid planning, they also help elders and their families with all types of issues. Below is a partial list of what an elder or Elder Law attorney might do:
- Preservation or transfer of assets seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home
- Medicaid qualification and application and Medicaid planning strategies
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, “living wills,” for financial management and health care decisions, and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incompetency or incapacity
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents
- Administration and management of trusts and estates
- Long term care placements in nursing home and life care communities
- Nursing home issues including questions of patients’ rights and nursing home quality
- Housing issues, and home equity conversions (reverse mortgage)
- Life Care Planning
- Veteran’s Benefits
The Barron Law Firm emphasizes the areas of Elder Law, Estate, Medicaid, Veterans and long-term care planning. The firm has extensive experience working with families, individuals, nursing homes, assisted living and adult retirement facilities. The Barron Law Firm helps to educate and assist seniors and families in preserving and protecting assets from both probate and the ravages of long-term care costs. To achieve this, the firm uses special needs trusts, living trusts, wills, powers of attorney and accompanying documents.
If you’re tired of government officials giving you the runaround or phone calls going unanswered, then let us be your trusted guides. We will walk you through the confusing process of finding a reliable power of attorney.
For a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation, please call 1-800-939-9093.